Thursday, March 28, 2013

Deck Suggestion Post!

So ever since I finished with my Favorite Majors/Aces series, I've been trying to think up another similar type of thing, a series of exercises I could do on a semi-regular basis, not quite reading the cards but interacting with them...

I now have an Idea, drawing on some of the things my fellow bloggers have done - card comparison exercises. To start off with at least, drawing a card from one deck, finding the same card in another, and writing a comparison/contrast/interaction type of post about the two. May branch out/mix in some other things eventually, but that is the basic idea. At the very least, I'd like to do one or two such posts to see how it goes.

I was going to just use a random number generator to choose decks for me, but then I thought, why not ask for some suggestions? :0

SO, if anyone wants to chime in... any two decks that I currently own, that you think would be interesting to see in a kind of comparison exercises of some sort together? Any pair, any pair at all!

3 comments:

thesycamoretree said...

Hmm... How about something sort of Thothy (like Sun and Moon), something sort of RWSy (like Druidcraft), and something that doesn't really fit either catergory, like the Absurd, Silicon Dawn, or Mary El?
Yes, I know that's three, but I couldn't narrow it down to just two, lol!

Carla said...

Let's see Navigators of the Mystic SEA with Oracle of the Radiant Sun, please. :)

Anonymous said...

Comparison 1. Anna K Tarot 8 Swords having girl holding one of 8 swords while girl trapped in mirror 2. Lo Scabero tarot 8 swords with 8 swords in form of gate with poor girl not is good position and other 8 swords. It is really useful to see many paths in a card to understand interpretation. This would make a great Ph.D thesis for someone in Art History. For example, snakes in The Lovers in some Tarot clearly show Adam & Eve origins. The Lovers in Phantomwise tarot is really well done.

Post a Comment